Today I got a lil bit more interesting deck for you guys than the previous meta ones. This is called Blazing Fenix FTK/OTK. As we all know Konami does not want to have OTK/FTK decks and tried to eridicate all of them but there are still some builds that can perform OTK’s or even FTK’s. One of the recent ones would be the Gagaga-Gunman Loop that was created by Clarence or Bahamut I think (don’t know which of them, I forgot it …). Maybe I’ll post it another time.
Well the Blazing Phoenix Combo existed since a quite long time (2011 in OCG) but as I’ve seen not many people know about it, so here’s my version of the deck. I didn’t try to build a complete FTK based deck, but a deck that can survive a few turns even without the right combo pieces (it still sucks against fast pace decks such as Chaos Dragons or Inzektors lol, that’s just a troll/fun build so don’t expect OTK’s every time).
If you want to perform a FTK, you’ll need to have 4 pieces in your hand without getting veilered, so it’s kinda hard even with a huge amount of drawing power.
The OTK just needs 2 cards to get your combo working (still fearing a veiler but there’s the chance that you still succeed).
2x Broww, Huntsman Of Dark World (LV 3)
2x Destiny Hero – Dogma (LV 8)
2x Destiny Hero – Plasma (LV 8)
1x Elemental HERO Avian (LV 3)
1x Elemental HERO Burstinatrix (LV 3)
1x Elemental Hero Clayman (LV 4)
3x Elemental HERO Bubbleman (LV 4)
2x UFO Turtle (LV 3)
3x Volcanic Shell (LV 1)
1x Allure Of Darkness
1x Reinforcement Of The Army
1x Destiny Draw
1x Pot Of Duality
3x Dark World Dealings
3x One Day Of Peace
3x Upstart Goblin
1x Bubble Illusion
3x Fusion Gate
3x Chain Material
3x Blaze Fenix, The Burning Bombardement Bird (LV 8)
2x Elemental HERO Electrum (LV 10)
1x Elemental HERO The Shining (LV 8)
1x Elemental HERO Escuridao (LV 8)
1x Elemental HERO Gaia (LV 8)
1x Elemental HERO Great Tornado (LV 8)
2x Elemental HERO Nova Master (LV 8)
1x Elemental HERO Absolute Zero (LV 8)
1x Destiny End Dragoon (LV 10)
1x Ignition Beast Volcanon (LV 6)
1x Superdreaghtnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max (R 10)
1x Elemental HERO Stratos (LV 4)
3x Elemental HERO Neos Alius (LV 4)
1x Super Polymerisation
2x Miracle Fusion
1x Heavy Storm
1x Dark Hole
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Torrential Tribute
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
Strategy and Explanation:
So first what do we need for the FTK (I don’t like to push everything for the FTK, so my build isn’t focussed that much on the FTK)?
4 parts are needed as I mentioned before, that is:
- Bubbleman (can be searched by ROTA (Reinforcement Of The Army), Emergency Call, A Hero Lives)
- Bubble Illusion
- Fusion Gate (can be searched by Terraforming)
- Chain Material
The parts we need on the field to perform an OTK:
- Fusion Gate
- Chain Material
- Bubbleman, Avian, Burstinatrix, Clayman in deck, hand or grave (not important where it is, but should NOT be banished, otherwise the combo won’t work)
First I’ll explain the card effects as some people might not know them:
This quickspell card allows you to activate a card from your hand if you have a face-up Bubbleman and is used to activate Chain Material from your hand. I don’t like having a couple of useless Bubble Illusions in my hand so I cut it down to 1, but if you want to focus on FTK you probably have to raise it to 3. The only hard thing for this OTK deck is, that it’s pretty vulnerable to MST (that destroys your Fusion Gate) and Veiler (that negates your Electrum).
This nice card allows you to Fusion Summon infinite times and gets all your combos going. The only thing you have to worry is that it doesn’t fall prey to a MST (or you have a back-up Gate). With Chain Material it’s the ultimate weapon that can search your whole deck out for monsters to banish them and call out big Fusion monsters.
The final piece of your combo is Chain Material, this guy let’s you banish your Fusion Material from everywhere (hand, deck, grave), the backside is that you can’t attack the turn you activate Chain Material, but this isn’t even necessary as this deck is a complete Burn Deck that doesn’t need to attack to win the game. You should just look out for Royal Decree or Trap Stun, as these cards can block off your Chain Material even if Chain Material is activated in your hand through Bubble Illusion (it still needs to be played on the field, in the Konami video games, you’ll play it like a spell from your hand).
Blaze Fenix, The Burning Bombardement Bird
This card is your main burner: it inflicts 300 damage for each card on the field, that means even your opponent’s cards on the field are counted. normally you’ll have a field of 5 monsters 1 Field Spell and you can set your spells in your hands too. That makes 1800 to 3300 Burn Damage per Fenix just with your own cards on the field. If there are some other cards on your opponents side you can even get more Burn Damage. Good thing is that even if they decide to Bottomless your Fenix you can bring it back with your combo again (if they are clueless about what you are doing).
Elemental HERO Electrum
This guy brings back all banished cards to the deck so that you can repeat your burn combo if the burn damage wasn’t enough to kill your opponent. You just have to be careful that he doesn’t get veilered, otherwise you won’t be able to do the burn loop. It’s also nice to use him as a Fusion Material for your other Omniheros if he does get veilerd, or you can use him as a Xyz material for Gustav Max to burn your opponent for 2000 more damage.
Destiny End Dragoon
This guy can blow up an opponent’s monster and inflict damage equal to the target’s attack. you can even Special Summon him again if you have a Destiny Hero in your grave, how awesome is that? And you just got it for nothing. D-Heros will be dropped by Destiny Draw or Dark World Dealings so there will be some D-Heros in your grave for sure, even if there isn’t right now a D-Hero there might be in a few turns, and then you can Special summon him. (Not really needed to be special summoned that way from grave as you will be trying to burn your opponent in one turn, but it’s a good feeling to know that you can rely on him, cause Chain Material will destroy all your Fusion Summoned monsters that were called with the effect of Chain Material.) He can be overlayed to a Gustav Max with Electrum too, as he’s LV 10.
Ignition Beast Volcannon
- 1 Machine–Type monster + 1 Pyro–Type monster
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; destroy and send this card and the target to the Graveyard, and inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of that target.
This guy is used to recycle our Fenixes on the field and can burn your opponent too.
Now how’s the combo working?
Well first you have to activate Fusion Gate and Chain Material. Make sure that you have a backup Gate if your current Gate is destroyed by MST or similiar. With those two now activated we can proceed with the combo.
- Banish 1 Dogma and 1 Plasma for Destiny End Dragoon (Veiler bait/Burn Damage)
- Banish 1 UFO Turtle and 1 Volcanic Shell to special summon 1 Blazing Fenix (Do NOT activate his effect yet, well you can if you want as you can recycle everything, but it’s shorter if you don’t do that tactical wise would be even better to do that, as the opponent will most likely Veiler your second Fenix :D)
- Banish the last UFO Turtle and 1 Volcanic Shell to summon another Fenix (Burn or not)
- Banish Bubbleman, Clayman, Burstinatrix and Avian to summon Electrum and return all monsters with his effect (I said it before, but I’ll say it again, be cautious of a Veiler, therefore burning the opponent before seems to be a good idea, as they will probably try to veiler the Fenix, instead of your Electrum (we’re assuming he doesn’t know the loop/combo))
- Return ALL banished CARDS (monster and S/T), even your banished Heros that you used for Electrum are returned
- Banish the now returned UFO Turtle and Volcanic Shell for the last Fenix
- Activate all Burn Effects if you didn’t do that before
- Banish 1 Fenix and 1 Turtle from deck for Ignition Beast Volcannon
- Banish Electrum and the second Fenix for Nova Master
- Banish Nova Master and the last Fenix for another Nova Master (no Chain Material effect here)
- Banish Nova Master and Destiny End for Escuridao (Field now Escuridao and Ignition Beast if your opponent didn’t have a monster on the field)
- Banish Bubbleman, Avian, Burstinatrix and Clayman from deck to summon Electrum
- Return all banished monsters to the deck
- Proceed over and over again to burn your opponent to death (tweak the field with your Escuridao, if space is needed)
Cards that may be added:
- Destiny Draw (additional one)
- Trade-In (3 Dogma, 3 Plasma then)
- Into The Void (I don’t like it but could be a useful draw card for the FTK)
- Cyber Valley (that guy that can banish itself to end Battle Phase)
- Emergency Call (Search out Bubbleman)
- Bubble Illusion (additional ones for the FTK)
- Heavy Storm (Clear the field)
- Dark Hole (Clear the field of annoying monsters)
- Monster Reborn
- Mystical Space Typhoon
- Super Polymerization
Sources (images, rulings and card texts):