If you want to read the original post, click here.
Can Special Summon 1 Fire King monster with 200 or less DEF from our deck. I think his effect is better than Qilin’s, although with Qilin gone we lose a monster that we can set and profit from that. Another LV 4 target for Rekindling isn’t bad though.
- -1 Wind-Up Zenmaines (don’t know why I even got this guy in my Extra…)
You can Special Summon Chain, activate the first effect and send Garunix/Nephtys to the grave, destroy Chain with Cycle and revive the Garunix from grave. Besides that there’S nothing more useful about this guy, maybe in a match against Burn decks you can put Prime Material Dragon on top of your deck for your opponent to scoop.
- -1 Backfire
- +1 Kickfire
Once per turn, when a face-up FIRE monster(s) you control is destroyed by a card effect, place 1 counter on this card for each destroyed FIRE monster. During either player’s Standby Phase: You can send this card to the Graveyard; inflict 1000 damage to your opponent for each counter on this card.
So this card is like a modified Wave-Motion Cannon for FIRE decks and the perfect choice against staller decks like Final Countdown decks, where you have plenty of time to set up your play if you’re not able to deal any damage. Just try to make a double Garunix, destroy one of them and you’ll have enough counters to kill them in no time.
Updated Decklist Screen:
Fire King Fire Cycle
Target 1 FIRE monster you control and 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard; destroy the first target on the field, and if you do, Special Summon the second target. You can only activate 1 “Fire King Fire Cycle” per turn.
The Special Summoning and the destruction part happens simultaneously, so you CAN Special Summon Wisel or a LV 4 Fire King monster with their destruction effect (e.g. Barong; the first part of his effect).
Source: leescyu (who translated this from the Japanese Konami Question & Answer website)
- Destroying your monster for “Generation Shift” is not a cost. It’s part of the effect. (Source: Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia)
- You can destroy a face-up LV 4 or lower Fire King monster, add it to your hand and activate its effect to Special Summon itself, because a Fire King monster is destroyed (Source: Japanese Yugi Wiki; translated by Akira) (Probably because the destruction and the add happens simultaneously, but I have no solid proof for that; therefore you can also Special Summon Wisel to Generation Shift, but you can’t Special Summon both Wisel and the added Fire King monster)
Last but not least a troll screenshot for you, this was a match against a Burn deck, which got in the end trolled by my Fire Kings + Side. As you can see it’s always good to be prepared for every deck, so make sure your Side Deck can counter as many decks as possible; that applies to every deck you run, don’t underestimate your Side Deck. Many people say that no pro deck will Side, because it already has every answer, but I have to disagree to that: you can’t prepare yourself enough, if they’re too proud to make use of their Side Deck, well that’s their problem, you should use every single option you have to increase the possibility of your win. Just make sure that you don’t overside (Means that your own strategy is messed up because of too many or even wrong Side Cards).
- Game 1: Lost the first duel cause of Card Destruction + Morphing Jar + Stall with Burn (dropped my 3 Assault/Onslaught + Cycle; wtf how’s this even possible to have 3 Assault in starting hand and no monster o.O; Morphing Jar ain’t a bad card, as you can set your traps, but Card Destruction?)
- Game 2: Royal Decree + Assault/Onslaught -> Nephtys first turn = too good
- Game 3: Prime Material Dragon Tribute Summoned in the second turn, was Lava Golem’d but there was a Monster Reborn already waiting in hand = GG 😀